Powered By Blogger

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Orchha, Madhya Pradesh Escapades

DESTINATION:
ORCHHA, MADHYA PRADESH, INDIA

Purpose of Visit:  Attended  a 3-day VSO Conference and at the same time got the chance to see Jahanjir Mahal or the King's Palace , one of the tourists attractions of   Orchha, Madhya Pradesh .and enjoyed the sight of beautiful riverside  of  the River Betwa surrounded by forests. I have also   visited the town's  market place.

The conference was  about monitoring and evaluation and  VSO India's strategy  and  way of working  on  major development issues in India  - the challenges and strategies to adopt.

I am also very fortunate to have visited The King's Palace or  Jahanjir Mahal. The King's Palace is an example of  harmonized and organized execution of medieval Indo-Islamic architecture and what attracted me  most was one of the building designs -  the series of elephant brackets at regular intervals-  i found these  ancient designs  awesome and very unique.


ORCHHA, MADHYA PRADESH
Orchha - upon reaching this place,  what was very noticeable was  its cleanliness. I have considered this place as a clean , quiet and refreshing place to stay. This small village of Madhya Pradesh  is situated  in the forests away from the main traffic   and other busy places  of India. I have learned that the meaning of the place, Orchha is ‘a hidden place’ which I totally agree. The road going to this village can be compared to my travel going to Tagaytay City of my own country,  Philippines.

During my stay at Bundlekhand Riverside Hotel, situated  beside  the riverbank of  the River Betwa of Orchha, I have  experienced total  serenity  and relaxed  feeling especially at night. I also found this place very romantic.


VENUE  : 
Bundlekhand Riverside  Hotel



hote's lobby...
hotel's entrance...
hotel  rooms...
hotel's rooftop...



hotel's rooftop...





the serenity you can feel at night....

the garden has enough space to accommodate  parties  and  play badminton  as well....



my hotel room overlooking the riverside...
The King's Palace of Orchha (Jahanjir Mahal)...







forests surrounding the tiny village of Orchha....







finally we 've reached the top of  King's Palace...






No comments:

Post a Comment